So you want to be a pilot?
Being a helicopter pilot is a challenging but a very rewarding career. Spend the morning with one of our pilots at our base and learn what it takes!
You'll start by learning how to prepare the helicopter for flight, be shown how the controls operate and then take to the skies for a flight to the Geelong Waterfront from our base. This experience starts at 8:45am and lasts for approximately 1½ hours.
- Pre-flight the aircraft with the pilot
- Help the pilot refuel the helicopter
- Watch the pilot take the aircraft from the hanger
- Receive a thorough safety briefing on the dangers of the helicopter and use of the life jacket and doors etc.
- Sit up front next to the pilot while he explains the start up procedure and what each control does
- 15 minute flight experience from our base to the Geelong Waterfront
- Discuss gaining a commercial pilots licence and career paths available with the pilot
- Discuss different flight training options in the Melbourne area and interstate
- Include a 5 minute scenic flight from the Geelong Waterfront over Corio Bay for up to three people - add $110
- Include a 10 minute scenic flight from the Geelong Waterfront over the Geelong City for up to three people - add $180
- Include any of our scenic flights from the Geelong Waterfront and three people can fly for the price of two - view flights
Cost From $405* for 1 person
For further information or to make a booking please contact us.
*Conditions apply. All flights are weather permitting. No passenger is permitted to touch the controls during any stage of flight. Weight restrictions apply to all flights.
Flying from our base
Cockpit of our R44 helicopter