Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all flights with Geelong Helicopters. By purchasing a flight with us you agree to the following.
1. Weight Restrictions apply to all flights. The helicopter manufacturer has set a limit on the overall takeoff weight for the helicopter; it has also set a limit on individual seat weight of 136 kg. Overall weight is dependant on many factors including weather, amount of fuel on board and pilot weight. If you are above the average weight please contact us to know the limitations of our helicopter.
2. Weather Due to the unpredictable nature of weather, we reserve the right to cancel, postpone, shorten or alter any flight due to weather. Weather includes, but is not limited to; rain, thunderstorms, strong winds, gusty winds, reduced visibility due to rain, fog, smoke or haze and high temperatures. Our highest priority is the safety of our passengers. Please contact us to discuss further or to arrange other plans should your intended flight be affected by weather.
3. Helicopter Servicability Our helicopters are maintained to the highest possible standards by a CASA approved Maintenance Facility. There are instances where our helicopters are required for scheduled or unscheduled servicing and may not be available on your intended day of travel.
4. Controlled Airspace From the Geelong Waterfont our helicopters operate in controlled airspace. Therefore we require a clearance from Air Traffic Control before we can take off and land. Although rare, Air Traffic Control may differ the flight path from what has being described or there may be delays.
5. Minimum fare is $120 per flight from the Geelong Waterfront and $140 per flight from Barwon Heads Airport. Gift certificates are available from $60, however on the day of flight the gift certificate holder will need to either pay the difference, join another passenger or bring someone else along to make up the difference.
6. Child's Fare is valid for any child aged up to and including 15 years old and is only applicable to the Corio Bay Fun Fly from the Geelong Waterfront.
7. Gift Certificates are valid for a period of 6 months from date of issue. Gift certificates are not redeemable for cash. Gift certificates can be upgraded. If a gift certificate has been fraudulently changed or altered it will be deemed to be invalid.
8. Special Offers Geelong Helicopters has from time to time a number of special offers. Please note that only one special offer can be used at any one time. Special offers which include additional items to the helicopter flight (i.e. souvenir caps, discount vouchers) must be collected on the day of flight from the departure point.
9. Passenger Safety All passengers will be given a safety briefing before their flight. Geelong Helicopters reserves the right to cancel or terminate any flight if a passenger is deemed a threat to the safety of the aircraft or other passengers and crew.
10. Relocation Fee Geelong Helicopters also offer scenic flight options from other locations by appointment. A minimum number of flights may be required otherwise a helicopter relocation fee will apply.
11. Unauthorised landings Any landing by a Geelong Helicopters aircraft on public or private property where the client has provided unauthorised or fraudulent landing permission will be charged a fee of $2,500 (no exceptions), plus any fines or penalties which are associated with the unauthorised landing. This amount is payable by the client unless the unauthorised landing is due to an emergency or deteriorating weather conditions.
12. Single passenger price Geelong Helicopters may offer a single passenger ticket for certain helicopter flights. These are available by appointment only, between 11am and 2pm on Saturday and Sunday and are subject to the above terms and conditions.
13. Bookings All flights can be postponed by the customer up to 72 hrs before the confirmed flight time, the change request must be in writing and a $50 administration fee will be payable on the day of the flight. For all changes please email email@example.com Any flight changes are approved at the sole discretion of Geelong Helicopters. No name changes are allowed once a booking is confirmed. No Shows forfeit their tickets and are not entitled to a refund.